At Gold Art Jewelers, we provide each customer with a Jewelry Care Guide to provide insights on keeping your jewelry beautiful for a lifetime. Here are a few tips to prevent damage or devaluation to your prized jewelry collection:
- It's always advisable to wait until you have applied makeup, perfume and hairspray before putting on jewelry.
- When showering or getting in a swimming pool, be sure to remove all jewelry.
- Wrap your jewelry individually in tissue or cloth while it is being stored. Avoid using a leather case or plastic bags.
- When doing household work, always remove your jewelry.
- Cleaning your jewelry on your own is a very good idea, but make sure you never use bleach, as it can destroy your jewelry. Also, never clean jewelry that is already damaged, doing so may worsen the damage. Using water and mild soap is an acceptable way to clean most jewelry.
Bring your jewelry to Gold Art Jewelers regularly to have it checked for wear to prevent further damage.
Learn more about Gold Art's Jewelry Care Services.